Forums > General Discussion > What’s the ideal balance to keep things interesting?
What’s the ideal balance to keep things interesting?
Posted: 27 Sep 2024 13:01 UTC  Post #1
RonSwanson
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 33
I’ve been trying to update my dating profile, but I’m not sure how to make it more engaging. Should I focus more on listing my interests, or is it better to talk about my personality and what I’m looking for in a relationship? I don’t want it to come off too generic or too serious. Also, how long should a good dating profile be? I’ve seen some really short ones, and others that are more detailed. What’s the ideal balance to keep things interesting?

Posted: 27 Sep 2024 13:23 UTC  Post #2
Red Velvet
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 34
That’s a great question! From my experience, the key is finding a balance between listing interests and giving a sense of your personality. A lot of people make the mistake of focusing too much on one or the other, which can make the profile either too generic or too specific. Ideally, you want to give a snapshot of both who you are and what you enjoy doing. Mentioning a few key interests can be great conversation starters, but also make sure to highlight what kind of person you are and what you’re looking for in a relationship. For example, instead of just saying "I like hiking," you could say something like, "I love spending weekends exploring new hiking trails—it's my way of staying connected with nature and recharging." That way, you're sharing a bit of your personality along with your hobby. In terms of length, I'd say keep it concise but meaningful. Too short, and people might not get enough of a sense of who you are. Too long, and it could feel overwhelming. If you’re looking for inspiration, you should check out this site: https://apericor.com/dating/advice/best-dating-profile-examples — they offer some great dating profile examples that show how to strike that perfect balance. It might give you some useful ideas on how to structure your profile. Overall, focus on being authentic and giving potential matches a sense of what it would be like to spend time with you!
Posted: 27 Sep 2024 13:26 UTC  Post #3
Jon Snow
Deck & Engine
Registered
Total Posts: 37
I agree with both of you! A dating profile needs to have a good mix of personality and interests, and it should feel genuine. People are more likely to engage if they feel like they’re getting a real sense of who you are. I’ve also noticed that keeping it concise but detailed enough to spark curiosity works best. Including something specific and unique, like a favorite hobby or a fun fact about yourself, can really help make your profile stand out without feeling too long or boring.
1 / 1